Instagram is not clear about this subject, if you want to delete followers from your follower list you have block them, it seems to be the only way. The steps you have to follow are the next:
- Open Instagram
- Tap on your Profile button (bottom right)
- Tap the Followers count at the top of your profile (these are the accounts following you)
- Find the follower you want to drop and tap their icon
- Tap the arrow at the top right of the screen to open the options
- Tap “Block User” then verify, “Yes, I am sure”
- Dismiss the confirmation
- Optionally unblock the user (this won’t cause them to follow you again, but leaves the option open)
- Repeat for the next user
Photo via CoinCrack
A blocked account will NOT be able to:
- see your photos (so they also cannot like/comment on them)
- search your profile
- access photos that they previously liked/commented on, before being blocked
If you have a lot of fake accounts or “ghosts” that you want to unfollow from your list you can install apps like Instaghost, that automate this process and will make this work less hard saving you a lot of time.
We hope you found the article useful. If you want to grow your instagram followers and clients, use our tool Archie.
Start for free today.